Sunday, November 13, 2011

Buckets Hold More Than Water

Carl Sagan, one of the most brilliant men of the 20th Century, described Earth like this


"Our future depends powerfully on how well we understand this cosmos, of which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky." 

If the Earth is a mote of dust, what am I?
Easy: I'm just me. 

Here is my list of things I want to do before I die, in no particular order:

Publish/finish my novels.
Go hang gliding.
Touch dry ice.
Introduce my cat, Goblin to my big brother and sister-in-law's cat, Chloe.
Fly on the Virgin Galactic (anybody want to give me $200,000?)
Write about flying on the Virgin Galactic.
Have Elton John sing "Rocketman" to me.
Go to Alaska and meet a bear.
Be a Verizon Cell Phone Tower Fix-it Man.
Take a cosmology class.
Learn how to drive a tractor trailer and/or a backhoe.
Hug my mom. Pull my dad's beard.
Buy a nice writing desk and put it in a room with a window and a rug and a book case.
Watch my little brother play a show on drums.
See the aurora borealis, possibly while I'm in Alaska.

Any more suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment